Are you interested in advanced manufacturing? Do you have strong skills in engineering mathematics, data analysis and programming (MATLAB, Python)? Are you a recent graduate in engineering or science? Do you thrive working in a team, but also have the capacity to develop your knowledge in emerging areas? We are currently looking for a Research Engineering Assistant to join our team who has a good mix of the following attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science/Software Engineering. Applicants with recently awarded higher degrees are also welcome to apply.
- Strong skills in engineering mathematics, data analysis and programming
- Knowledge of physical metallurgy and materials science
- Basic understanding of additive manufacturing and the demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge in this emerging field
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially in scientific communication and the preparation of reports.
Please follow this link to find out more about the position and how to apply.
Applications close 11:30pm, Wednesday 8 July 2020